Displaying items by tag: sheffield

Sunday, 25 August 2019 15:57

10.9.2019 - Writers in The Bath, Sheffield

Writers in the Bath

The Bath Hotel
66 Victoria St,
Sheffield, S3 7QL

Entry: £4
Time: 7.30

Love hearing and meeting great poets? It’s second Tuesdays at Writers in The Bath
With special guests Rosie Garland & Dawn Gorman!

We’re honoured to have guest writers who held us in thrall last time they visited, & surely will again. Let’s turn out in force to welcome them to the warmth of The Bath. Arrive early if you want to get a seat.
Open Mic Event
Contact: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Published in Gig List
Tuesday, 23 February 2016 19:05

7.4.2014 - Verse Matters, Sheffield

Matters of Verse. Verse that Matters.

Moor Theatre Deli,
17 The Moor,
Sheffield S1 4PF

Verse Matters is a feminist arts event in Sheffield. Verse Matters provides a platform for poetry, spoken word, storytelling, puppetry, music and comedy, showcasing the work of talented people in a friendly, supportive environment.

On 7th April Verse Matters features Rosie Garland!

Verse Matters takes place on the first Thursday of the month at the Moor Theatre Deli (S1 4PF). For more info about the monthly line-up see the Verse Matters website: https://versematters.wordpress.com/events/

Each event has three featured artists and an open mic with six performers (4 minutes each). Please get in touch if you'd like to share a poem, a song, a story, a page of your favourite book - even (especially) if you've never shared anything before. Some of our performers tell stories that have been erased by society: refugees, detainees, prisoners. Others will be speaking in public for the first time. Others are experienced poets, dramatists and performers. All are respected and appreciated.

Cost: Pay what you can. £3 suggested donation.
Free entry for open mic participants.
We look forward to welcoming you to Verse Matters! For more info see https://versematters.wordpress.com/ or get in touch with Rachel Bower at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

 

Published in Gig List