Displaying items by tag: malikas kitchen

Sunday, 03 September 2017 10:45

18.10.2017 - Stablemates, Birmingham

Jill Abram presents

Stablemates

Conversation and poetry with Henry Normal, Rosie Garland and
Jackie Hagan of Flapjack Press.

Wednesday 18th October,
6.30pm. Readings start promptly at 7pm

Waterstones Birmingham,
24-26 High Street, B4 7SL

£5 advance booking https://www.waterstones.com/events/stablemates-with-flapjack-press-featuring-henry-normal/birmingham

Raining Upwards is Henry Normal’s first all new poetry collection in over 20 years. In the meanwhile he was making comedy for TV and film, including The Royle Family, Mighty Boosh, Gavin & Stacey and the Oscar-nominated Philomena. Earlier this year he was honoured with a BAFTA Special Award but Henry has retired from all that and returned to his first love – poetry!

Rosie Garland is a novelist, poet and singer with post-punk band The March Violets. She also performs twisted cabaret as Rosie Lugosi the Vampire Queen. She was described by Apples and Snakes as one of the country’s finest performance poets. As In Judy is her sixth poetry collection and goes behind the scenes in her life and mind.

Jackie Hagan’s first solo show Some People Have Too Many Legs, written while she was in hospital having her leg lopped off, won the Saboteur award for Best Spoken Word Show. Her second, Jumble Soul, is about to premier at Contact Theatre, Manchester. She is one of three inaugural Jerwood Compton Fellows for making a significant contribution to the poetry community.
Flapjack Press explores the synergy between performance and the page.

https://www.waterstones.com/events/stablemates-with-flapjack-press-featuring-henry-normal/birmingham

Published in Gig List