Displaying items by tag: kaite walsh

Thursday, 27 April 2017 12:03

21.6.2017 - Waterstones, Newcastle

Waterstones Newcastle
Emerson Chambers,
Blackett Street,
Newcastle, NE1 7JF

Tickets are £3, available in store or online.

The Night Brother
We are thrilled to welcome Rosie Garland in conversation with Kaite Walsh to discuss her new book, 'The Night Brother'.

From the author of The Palace of Curiosities and Vixen comes a bold new novel exploring questions of identity, sexual equality and how well we really know ourselves. Perfect for fans of Angela Carter, Sarah Waters and Erin Morgenstern.
Rich are the delights of late nineteenth-century Manchester for young siblings Edie and Gnome. They bicker, banter, shout and scream their way through the city's streets, embracing its charms and dangers. But as the pair grow up, it is Gnome who revels in the night-time, while Edie wakes exhausted each morning, unable to quell a sickening sense of unease, with only a dim memory of the dark hours.

With echoes of Orlando and Jekyll & Hyde, this is a story about the vital importance of being honest with yourself. Every part of yourself. After all, no-one likes to be kept in the dark.

We look forward to seeing you there.

https://www.waterstones.com/events/rose-garland-and-katie-walsh/newcastle
Situated in a beautiful building opposite Grey's Monument, designed by celebrated architect Benjamin Simpson, the booksellers of Emerson Chambers love nothing more than to share their love of reading with our customers.

Published in Gig List