Displaying items by tag: emerging writers

Friday, 26 September 2014 14:11

29.11.2014 - The Writers’ Toolkit, Birmingham

The Writers' Toolkit 2014
November 29th
9:30 am - 4:00 pm

The University of Birmingham,
Edgbaston, Birmingham,
West Midlands B15 2TT

£37 / £31 (includes lunch)

The Writers' Toolkit is our annual writer networking conference for emerging and established writers. The conference takes place over one day and offers writers the pick of sixteen sessions with industry professionals. Sessions cover topics ranging from working with publishers and agents, working in schools and community settings, writing for television and film, teaching creative writing, developing and getting funding for writing projects and residencies and making the internet work for you. Speakers are drawn from a wide range of national and regional organisations and partners including the BBC, Birmingham Rep, National Association of Writers in Education, The Arvon Foundation, The British Council and various publishers, universities and arts organisations. The conference is a wonderful opportunity for writers to meet, share ideas and make new contacts.
The full programme of sessions will be announced closer to the day.
How to Book:
To book, please contact our box office, The Box on 0121 245 4455.
Click to go to Writing West Midlands site

http://www.writingwestmidlands.org/

 

Published in Gig List
Friday, 26 September 2014 14:06

26.11.2014 - CreativeWritingPlus MMU, Crewe

Axis Arts Centre
Cheshire Campus,
Manchester Metropolitan University,
Crewe Green Rd
Crewe, Cheshire
CW1 5DU

Featured guest – Rosie Garland

CreativeWritingPlus features an eclectic mix of practitioners from the world of literature, specifically those working in fiction, memoir, scripts, poetry and media writing. The format is simple: from 1-1.50pm, in the informality of the Writing Room on the MMU Cheshire Campus, the guest writers read from and talk about their work and, in the final ten minutes, invite questions from the audience. Entry is free.
Contact: Box Office 0161 247 5302
Box Office0161 247 5302
Click to go to Axis Arts Centre site

Published in Gig List