Displaying items by tag: cit

NORTHERN LIGHTS WRITERS' CONFERENCE 2015
SAT 14 NOV
Price: £30 / £25
Categories: Creative Industries
CIT and Manchester Literature Festival are delighted to announce the return of Northern Lights for its third annual event.

This year, Northern Lights is supported by Writers & Artists Yearbook and the conference will focus on the craft of writing for different platforms - print, blogs, stage, cinema and radio.

We feature a range of talks, panel discussions and workshops from expert speakers that will look in detail at the skills writers need in order to diversify their writing, to become accomplished storytellers across a number of platforms and to develop a sustainable career.

Keynote speaker is writer, journalist and broadcaster Louise Doughty (Apple Tree Yard, A Novel in A Year), appearing alongside DaDa Award for Performance Artist of the Year, Rosie Garland (Vixen), Green Carnation Prize winner, Kerry Hudson (Tony Hogan Bought Me An Ice-Cream Float Before He Stole My Ma), winner of the Jerwood Fiction Uncovered Prize 2015 Emma Jane Unsworth, plus Blog North Award winner Len Grant, writer & theatre-maker James Varney, BBC Radio 4 writer and producer Gary Brown, Made In Manchester director Ashley Byrne as well as guests from the world of publishing. Northern Lights 2015 will also feature a range of video content available online before and after the event.

 

Published in Gig List