Displaying items by tag: cherie bebe burlesque revue

Saturday, 05 September 2020 11:06

The Time-Travelling Suffragettes - 2018

The Time-Travelling Suffragettes

Photographed by Chris Keller Jackson at Cherie Bebe Burlesque.
https://www.crankphoto.co.uk/

In 2018, to celebrate the centenary of some women getting the vote in the UK, I devised the Time-Travelling Suffragettes. (Music performed by pianist Éilish McCracken).

“Armed with banners, a twinkle in their eye and a spanner or two for throwing into the works, The Time –Travelling Suffragettes have travelled to the present day to raise their voices in rousing song. They perform updated versions of nineteenth-century popular classics, making lyrical stops along the way in their musical journey towards the twenty-first century.
Inspired by the enduring influence of Music Hall and its power to subvert whilst being thoroughly entertaining, they cast a queerly suffragette eye upon songs such as The Boy I Love Is Up In The Gallery, I’m Shy Mary Ellen and Hold Your Hand Out, Naughty Boy – and many more.
A timely reminder that suffragettes were far more than Nice Ladies In Hats, that the battles are never done, and how far we still have to go.
In Kitty’s words – ‘we are historical oddities from a time of struggle and dissent. We beg your forbearance! After all, 21st century audiences cannot possibly comprehend what it is like to live in a world which harbours inequality…”
YouTube links:
‘I’m Bi, Mary Ellen, I’m Bi’ at Club Big, Rock Art, HOMEMcr
https://youtu.be/rbt16fUeNAY
‘A Little Of What You Fancy’ at Club Big, Rock Art, HOMEMcr
https://youtu.be/fMZVYsdLDnA
#Vote100

Published in Gallery
Cherie Bebe’s Burlesque Revue

Matt and Phreds
64 Tib Street,
M4 1LG Manchester

Sunday 10th December 2017
Doors at 7pm with the show starting at 8pm.

Enjoy an evening of live cabaret entertainment, music and burlesque debauchery featuring performances from some of the finest burlesque performers in the UK, held at Manchester's iconic Matt & Phreds.

Starring:
Cherie Bebe ~ Burlesque sensation and producer of Cherie Bebe's Burlesque Revue

Kitty & Lilibet The Time Travelling Suffragettes ~ Back by popular demand after their debut at Cherie Bebe's Burlesque Revue 2016.

and compere Jonathan Mayor ~ The cheeky and utterly fabulous diva of the night.

The event will be taking place on

Tickets are £8 (plus booking fee) if booked in advance via billetto / £10 on the door. Tickets are nonrefundable.

PLEASE CALL MATT & PHREDS TO RESERVE SEATING ONCE YOUR TICKETS HAVE BEEN PURCHASED AS THE TABLES ARE STRICTLY LIMITED ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS AND WE DO SELL OUT.

0161 273 5495

www.mattandphreds.com

Here is a sneak peek of what to expect at Cherie Bebe's Burlesque Revue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHpqFwp4dEg

Published in Gig List

Cherie Bebe's Burlesque Revue

Matt and Phreds
64 Tib Street, M4 1LG Manchester

20:00 - 22:30

Come and celebrate our 3rd birthday in true burlesque style.

We have a very special lineup taking to the stage at Manchester's iconic Matt and Phreds.

Starring:
We have the absolutely fabulous Lady Wildflower join us on stage. Voted in the Top 20 UK Burlesque Performers of 2014 & 2015 by 21st Century Burlesque She certainly is one not to miss.

We are very excited to announce that Rosie Garland, performer, award winning writer, singer for The March of Violets and her vampire Queen / mistress of ceremonies Rosie Lugosi will be taking to the stage alongside the wonderful Eilish with a brand new act
Kitty and Lilibet, Polyhymnian Suffragettes.

The devine and cheeky Freida Nipples will be joining us on stage also all the way from London!

Hosted by our resident compare, the diva of the night, the hilarious and naughty Jonathan Mayor.

....And of course Cherie Bebe.

https://billetto.co.uk/en/events/cherie-bebes-burlesque-revue-november2016

Tickets are £8 if booked in advance via billetto / £10 on the door.

Doors at 7pm with the show starting at 8pm.

Matt and Phreds Happy Hour Offer ~ 'Buy two alcoholic drinks get a free pizza' will be available on the evening between 7pm-9pm!

PLEASE CALL MATT & PHREDS TO RESERVE SEATING ONCE YOUR TICKETS HAVE BEEN PURCHASED AS THE TABLES ARE STRICTLY LIMITED ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS AND WE DO SELL OUT.
0161 273 5495
www.mattandphreds.com

Published in Gig List