Displaying items by tag: bobby talamine

Pledgemusic with the March Violets: Mortality Tour and Album

Yes – The March Violets have just returned from our mammoth tour of the USA and we have a new Pledge! We reached 100% in under a fortnight, thanks to our amazing fans... let's make it twice that.
Info follows...

"One of the influential bands in the darkwave genre, the March Violets have an album coming out. And this is possible because of your help. There are many things coming up from this beautiful band. There's the Mortality tour(which happens to be the name of the upcoming album) and also goodies that they are giving out when you make your pledge.
October is a good month for this type of music. The Goth in me loves it. And I am sure the children of darkness out there are going to like the new album, Mortality. Here's the message from the band:
The 'Mortality Tour and Album' is the new Pledge from the March Violets. Throughout October pledgers get to experience a month of touring around the East Coast, with Backstage Action, Road Movie high jinx and other Purple nonsense. The Violets will be playing classic tracks live, then recording them in November in Chicago. With exclusive daily footage and a virtual Access Pass pledgers will be able to participate in the highs and lows of the entire Tour and Studio Saga. The involvement continues right up to Xmas, with an Advent Calendar with interesting Violet goodies behind each door, culminating in the Album download on Xmas day!
Physical 'exclusives', that will be shipped after Xmas, include a Double CD, a Vinyl LP and a double DVD with a full concert, a road movie, and footage from the entire life of the band, right back to the early Eighties. It's a new way of touring that DOES come to your home town, social media at its rocking best. Support the Violets, Pledge Purple! Many Thanks."


The link is here: Click for The March Violets Pledge

 Photo taken by the amazing Bobby Talamine, with many thanks.

Published in News
Wednesday, 09 November 2016 11:27

The March Violets, Chicago 2015 - by Bobby Talamine

A selection of images taken by the amazing Bobby Talamine, Rock and Roll Photographer.

The March Violets - Rosie Garland, Tom Ashton, Si Denbigh & William Faith.
- Appearing on JBTV Chicago, November 2015.
JBTV, 318 West Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60654, United States
- Backstage at The Abbey, Chicago
3420 W Grace St, Chicago, IL 60618, USA
- Gig shots of Rosie singing with The March Violets, Halloween at The Abbey, 2015. The final gig of The March Violets’ Mortality tour 2015

- and in Decade Music Studio, Chicago, laying down vocal tracks for the Mortality album

All enquiries should be directed straight to Bobby Talamine. He’s a great guy.

http://www.bobbytalamine.com/

http://blog.bobbytalamine.com/

http://jbtvmusic.com/

Published in Gallery

A selection of images taken by the amazing Bobby Talamine, Rock and Roll Photographer.

The March Violets – headlining at Convergence XX, Chicago, April 2014.

Rosie Garland with Si Denbigh, Tom Ashton & William Faith.
Shots include soundcheck, backstage (with Mars Williams of the Psychedelic Furs, guest sax) and concert shots of Rosie singing with The March Violets. The Bottom Lounge, Chicago.


All enquiries should be sent directly to Bobby Talamine. He’s a great guy.

http://www.bobbytalamine.com/

http://blog.bobbytalamine.com/

Published in Gallery
Sunday, 15 November 2015 13:52

7.11.2015 - The March Violets on JBTV, Chicago

MARCH VIOLETS LIVE
November 7 @ 7:30 pm - 8:00 pm
318 Grand, Chicago

Free

The March Violets are a British band that first made an appearance in the early eighties, and almost immediately had an impact upon the Independent music scene. At that time Indie meant "not on a Major label", it was the Alternative to commercial pop, more Underground, and had it's own charts. The Violets were a Top Ten Indie Band.... and even went to Number One. The best selling single SnakeDance is still a favourite on darker dance floors. They were unique at the time, they had male and female vocalists who took equal roles, fast relentless drum machine beats and searing guitar. They explored conflict in their music which was both spikey, abrasive, beautiful yet dark and full of conflict and tension. They tried to write poetry full of ambiguities and yet make some serious points.
They released a few Singles, did a few John Peel Sessions and played a few gigs and then imploded.
They released various compilation LPs and have now reformed and made their first proper LP, 'Made Glorious'.
They recently embarked on a US Tour and are making another album whilst there. They are Joined on Bass by William Faith.

 

Published in Gig List